The fastest way to record time is to use the Quicktimer on your desktop.
1. Click on the clock symbol in the upper menu bar to start a timer. The timer is not yet assigned to a task.
2. To assign a task, click on the pencil icon next to the "Select task" text. Then select the corresponding task.
3. To add a comment to the timer, click on "Enter Comment" and enter your comment.
4. Click on the corresponding icons to pause , stop  or delete a timer
5. It is possible to run or pause several timers at the same time. Click on the clock symbol again to start a new timer.